Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Fat Boy's Burger Bar @ Publika, Solaris Dutamas

1st May 12'
Tuesday

Heyyo! How're you guys doing?
It's been 2 weeks since I last blogged cuz i've been pretty busy with assignments as my semester is coming to an end.. 3 more weeks to go & it's finals.. So not looking forward to it..
Anyways, back to what I was about to share with you guys..
It's labour day & the boyf decided to have lunch at The All Famous Fat Boy's Burger Bar.
I've been telling him how much I want to try those giant burgers when I first accidentally walked pass the restaurant while I was finding my way outtve the maze in Publika. I could get lost there cause every block looks pretty much the same and they're just so confusing.. Probably bumping around the area a couple more times would help me to be more familiarized on where is where. 

Even though Publika is just 10mins away from my place, I hardly come by. I think this would probably be my 3rd time? I can see this place is coming up pretty fast & drawing crowd especially on weekends. I guess soon enough it'll be a new hangout spot to eat, shop & chill.

Boyf picked me up with his 2 other friends & off we go for lunchieee..
We reached the restaurant around 1ish & it was packed till we had no place to sit..
I would say most of the people that were seated were hungrily waiting for their burgers to be served..
We thought... my-oh-my.. the wait could be pretty long & so we head out to Ben's who was just across the block & there people on a waiting list.. That's what you get on a peak hour =/

At last we decided to stick to Fat boy's & wait!!
10mins later we were seated *yays*
Anddd.. unexpectedly, Fat Boy's is owned by boyf's godgranny's bestfriend's daughter.. small world..

First 2 pictures credit to RebeccaSaw.com
Checkout her blog for more food reviews. You'll love em :)

Fat Boy's Burger Bar Menu

You could also mix & match your own burger to suit your taste bud

The burger counter

Here's what we had for lunch...

Boyf's - Fat Basterd (RM28) 
Signature burger that everyone has to give it a try :)
Double beef patties, extra thick bacon, cheddar cheese, fried egg and homemade Fatboy's sauce on sesame bun
Every single ingredient is what I would love to have in my burger. I was so tempted to order this but I know I won't be able to finish it, so I left it for the boyf to order & I'll just nibble on it :P

mmhmm.. mouthwatering isn't it :)
I'd say this would be one of the best pick!
The beef patty were so juicy, tender and succulent. Together with cheese & egg. Oh-its-heaven :)
Definitely worth trying!


Mine - Jamaican Me Hungry (RM 19)
Jerk seasones bacon stuffed Pork patty topped with sundried tomatoes, chewy bacon, homemade coleslaw and smothered with mayonnaise on sesame bun

I was contemplating whether should I take Bleu Peppercon (Beef) or Jamaican Me Hungry (Bacon)
Since my boy is taking beef, I thought I should try something else & so I opt for bacon patty
To my disappointment, it wasn't that good. The patty was pretty dry & tasteless. I couldn't taste the porkieness at all.. It was blunt :( Plus I didn't like the sundried tomatoes, it was pretty awful =/
I think Bleu Peppercorn would have been a better pick. You can't go wrong with beef right?

Kah poh ordered Bushtucker (RM 19.50)
Grilled beef patty, extra thick bacon, melted emmenthal cheese, beets, topped with wild arugula ang garlic aioli on a whole meal bun

Fat Basterd

Jamaican Me Hungry
No burger is complete without mustard & chili sauce :)
Boyf enjoying his share 



After satisfying our tummies, we took a walk around Publika to explore & see what they have..

Boyfie look so cute over here.. I just have to upload this.. haha :)
 Us 

We went back to my place late afternoon to shoot some hoops & played badminton #Funtime
Even though I was pretty cranky during the start of the day but I was very happy at the end of the day. Thanks for everything, love! I enjoyed my day to the fullest! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger