Saturday, June 9, 2012

In loving memory of my late granny..

2nd June 12'
Saturday

Exactly one week ago while I was on my out with mumsie to do morning marketing, unexpectedly we received a call from dad around 7.30am saying that granny passed away peacefully in her sleep at that very morning. It took me awhile to digest it that my all time favourite granny was no longer around.
My heart sank and tears of sorrows flow down my cheeks uncontrollably. So many thoughts were running through my head. I kept wondering how is this possible?! My granny has always been very healthy & jovial. There was no signs of illness of whatsoever all these while. All I could think of, the cause might have been due to the effects surgery that she had gone through a week before.
As I've heard from bro who visited granny during her surgery, it was successful but she was very frail and weak after that.
This all comes back to a couple of weeks ago when granny accidentally slip in the bathroom & fractured her thighbone. She had to go through the surgery twice to placed a metal bar inside her thighs to hold the bones together. Poor granny had to go through so much pain. Not once but twice.

At that time, I wished I could pay her a visit in JB but unfortunately I was occupied by assignments & deadline one after another. Who knew that was the last chance for me to see her the last time...
Nevertheless, I was grateful that I managed to pay her a visit during this year's chinese new year.
Those were the last memories I had with her..

My late granny is from my paternal side of the family. She's the one & only granny I'm left with. The one who brought me up since I was a baby & nurture me for 10 years. For a decade loving years I was under her great care. She's the best granny I've ever had. There were so much memories shared. Till today, there are instilled within me...

Memories...
Back in my kinder days, I would always wake up as early as 6inthemorning & go straight to my granny's room where i'll sit on her bed & have her plait my waist-length hair into 2 plaits for class.
It will always be that early cuz soon after she'll leave for her morning exercise (tai kek)

Everyday after school she'll wait for me to arrive home by the porch & great me with a warm smile & asked if i'm hungry. She always prepares the best dishes ever. My all time favourite was char siew with rice (simple but extremely yummy). Granny would slowly peel the char siew into tiny bits, mixed them with rice & feed me :)

When I was a little girl, my parents often travel overseas for days & weeks be it for business trip or holidays. I would be left at home with granny. I'll sleep with granny every night till my parents are back. She would tell me stories after stories till I fall asleep in bed..

During free time or school holidays, granny will accompany me to play masak-masak. She'll be the customer in my restaurant & i'll asked what would she like to eat & served it to her. We even play cards & checkers together. Especially during school holidays, she'll take me to the morning market to shop for groceries & buy me breakfast. We even go shopping too & during my childhood time, leisure mall was my all time favourite.. Those were the times..

Granny thought me so many things in life, she taught me how to cook as I stood by her side in the kitchen every time she cooks dinner. She taught me cantonese & that is why till today I can speak fluent cantonese where my other siblings couldn't. She taught me how to be a better person in life, how to behave & how to respect elders. So much more that I could not count them all with my ten fingers (sup kor sau qi dou sou mm sai)

Dear granny, 
You've been the greatest granny I've ever had. I will always remember what you've thought me. You'll be greatly missed & forever remembered with great affection & great appreciation. I love you very much mama! 


God has his own reasons for taking her away so sudden. As a christian, i believe she's in a better place :) 


We did an obituary ad for granny for The Star & China Press
Pictures credits to my cousie bro..
During the wake service

 On our way out for the burial ceremony
& we were glad to have two police outriders to lead us all the way to Cheras Christian Cemetery
Granny must be happy from above :)


This was taken 2 years back in JB when I visited granny during chinese.
Bought her durians cuz she loves eating em'. Even though I look horrible here but granny is smiling and enjoying the durians :)

Taken this year during chinese new year. Yikes. 1st snap no smile cuz she forgot to smile. haha
Next snap. Granny smiling so happily! I will always remember you smiling so happily!
My ever-loving dearest granny 

Glad that everything ran smoothly. The wake services & the burial ceremony. I want to thank friends, family & relatives from the bottom of my heart who made it for the wake services. Not forgetting my dear friends for your thoughtful condolences. Only a handful who took the effort to show that you care, it means a lot to me. You know who you are. Appreciate it very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger