Friday, October 8, 2010

Trip to Penang

Thursday, 16.09.10

Sorry for the outdated post.
I just couldn't find time to blog till today.
This trip was to penang with mum & sis for the ING Roadshow.
We flew with AirAsia and we touched down at Penang bout 11.15am.
I'll let the pictures do the talking alright :)


Penang yo!
I miss visiting Penang..My last visit was like..err..5 years back?lol
so i was glad that I could make a trip this year.

Immediately after we arrived we grab a limo and headed to Eastin Hotel..which is just next to Queensbay Mall..which is where the roadshow will be held :)
That's where we will be staying for the next 3 days.
We quickly check-in and drop our luggage and waited for mummy's friend, Prem to come get us.
She was the tour guide for the day and she's realllly nice.
Although she was new to Penang but she had her 'best friend' The GPS! :D
It was so convenient to travel around with it and we didn't get lost! haha

1st stop was Air Itam.
Mummy said that there's really good asam laksa over there

So here we are!!

The best asam laksa i've ever tasted *thumbs up* :D
It was thick and de-li-cious!

After filling our hungry tummies we went to Kek Lok Si Temple.
We were just walking at the foothill of the temple :)

I saw this on my way up the stairs and it's not something new.
We have it back here in kl anyway but I wanted to make one for myself :)

Here's what I got :)

A necklace with my name & the boy's <3
Next we head towards the town for somemore foood! :)
We were Jooi Hooi Restaurant..if I'm not mistaken..
They serve one of the best asam laksa and cendol in Penang!
Whenever I'm in Penang I will never fail to visit this place

Yummy Cendol with ze best red beans :)

Here's the asam laksa
Used to be my most prefered asam laksa in Penang BUT after trying the one in Air Itam..
HAHA..Air Itam's one is on the top of my list :)

After eating and eating we walked over to Komtar & Prangin Mall to shop around.
Komtar is dead quite and Prangin was pretty happening.
It reminds me of Sungei Wang..lol

Next we were at New World Park Food Court.
Mummy say that they have pretty good hokkien mee over there.

Here we are at the food court for our early dinner :)


We had tons of foood.
We monster again when we see food.

This are what we had....
Rojak with cuttlefish :)
chau kueh tiew :)
yam cake 

fried oyster ' o'chien' :)

penang hokkien me, which is prawn me.
At 1st I didnt know, I thought it was 'hak min' like the ones we have back in kl..lol
Ice kacang with ice cream *nyums*
It was so goood on the blazing hot weather in Penang!
Oh yea, I forgot to mention.
Did you know the weather in Penang was so much hotter compared to kl :x
I almost got deep fried in the weather.

After makan, we wanted to head to the beach since the sun is about to set.
We drove all the way to Batu Ferringi cause we wanted to go beach.
Unfortunately, the sun has set and it was dark already :(
It was quite a drive from town and we got there bout 8pm

We walked the night market instead.
Not many pics cause i was just busy walking around..heh
Along the way we saw this huge ship :)
I think its a restaurant.. looks so romantic hor

We saw this tiny shop which sells all sort of OWL-ish stuff..so cool! :)
mini owl key chains.. cute right?

What's even cuter is that they have a fan like this!! :)
Calculator which is not on sale..lol
but so cuteee.. I had to snap a pic of it :)

After the night market, we were exhausted..
It's been like 9 hours since we're out..
We finally got back to our hotel :)
I just couldn't wait to hit the sheets cause my leg was hurting :/
We had KING bed for the 3 of us :)
owhh, look at patrick..he felt asleep already..lol

the bathroom :)

Breakfast next morning :)
I just love breakfast in hotel. Don't chuu? :P
Dear mummy <3
I'll skip the part at work.
It was just plain boring at Queensbay Mall.
Fast forward to the following day, Saturday.
I took an off day and went out the penangnites :)
Jang Heng was the chauffeur of the day. He came and pick me up at my hotel and we pick mun leon on the way.
They took me around for some really good food and a tour around the island.
1st stop was Pulau Tikus for asam laksa & chau kueh tiew :)
The shop is just right opposite Pulau Tikus's police station

I think its called lemak asam laksa. Not too bad :)
chau kueh tiew :)

Yuki & Hong soon joined us while we're having lunch.

Later on, Jang heng suggested to bring me to visit the Pinang Peranakan Mansion :)
During the old times, real baba nyonya stayed in there but after so many decades they're turned it into a commercial center for tourist to visit.
We had to pay an entrance fee of RM10 and there'll be a tour guide to take us around the mansion :)
It was pretty cool!

There's actually MORE pics but I was too lazy to edit all and to load it in since the pic uploader has been a bitch!
So here are just some to share :)
Enjoy

So happens while we were there, there's a couple who was preparing to have their wedding dinner held in the mansion itself :)
They went around posing here and there with photographers snapping away.

After the visit at the mansion, we left for the beach! *yeah*
That's what i've been waiting for.
I sounded so jakun to the penangnites.
Well, can't blame me cause I'm not raised in a place where they have beaches..haha
We went to Tanjung Bungah beach in the evening :)

The condos and apartments along tanjung bungah are one of the nicest and most high end condos in Penang and they cost a bomb.




I finally got to step into the sea *eek* :)

Meet yuki & jang heng :)
Here's Mun Leon
My penjaga beg :)
This is for the boyf <3
I love you bii!

sandy feet :x

After my visit to the beach, Jang Heng dropped us back at Mun leon's place we switched car.
Mun leon drove us out cause Jang Heng had to sort out some stuff with his girlf.
Sorry for the trouble that I've cost you Jang Heng!

It was then, me, leon and yuki.
We meet up with Zac and we headed to Northam Beach Cafe where Zac's father owns it :)
Thanks Zac for the dinner!
It was huge and they've tons of yummilicious food!
I'm so gonna go there the next round i visit penang.
One night was not enough to try everything that they have..lol
sorry no pics..

After dinner, we met up with the rest and went for shisha session at i-don't-know-where.
Zac showed me some of his tera-mera card tricks and we left bout 12am.
 I needed to get back to catch some sleep as I will be working the next day, where as the guys went for a 2nd round of shisha at Dato keramat.lol
Thanks guys for bringing me around!

Next day, I didn't went to work cause she wanna work instead.
I hang around in the room till bout lunch time and walked out to Queensbay Mall during lunch time and had lunch with sis & I shop alone for the entire afternoon.

I spotted a nice tank top from Forever21 :)
Tried it on..look at the price tag and put it back on the rack..lol!
It was freaking RM69.90 for a tank top..so not worth it lor :/

Front
Back.
I loveee the back..so smexy :)
haha..my outfit for the day :)
 *taadaa* soya ice cream!
this taste so goood!
it was thick and creamy & its purely made from soya bean :)
I wish they have it back in kl.
once i grab an ice cream, I walk my way back to the hotel while enjoying it :)


We packed up and check-out bout 7pm.
Waited for Jang heng & Mun leon to come get me and we met up with Jeremy & his girlf at Sg. Pinang food court for dinner. That place has tons of good food :)
sorry guys no pics again..heh!

Anyways, I had a great time in penang traveling around and eating from one stop to another!
Thanks guys, the 'penangnites' for bringing around!

So that's pretty much it for my penang trip.
Sorry I'm not really in a blogging mood now cause loading pics in has been so much of a hassle :(
That's why I've been taking so long to post these up *sigh*
I do hope you guys enjoying reading it!
Stay tune aite!
*cheers*
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger