Saturday, October 9, 2010

A vist to JB & Singapore

Thursday, 23.09.10
Late evening I took a flight on my way and flew to Jb for the ING Roadshow.
It was my 1st time traveling alone :)
My flight was at 9.20pm and it delayed a bit. I touch downed in JB bout 10.30pm and met mummy at the airport. She pick me up and we headed to Mutiara Hotel for our stay in JB.
It sounds like some cheapo hotel but it's actually not too bad. They maintained it pretty well and it was one of the nearest to the mall where we're working :)

Next morning...
Breakfast in hotel :)
If you notice, I always love to take cereal and eggs for breakfast..haha

my emotionless sunny side up :)

I won't blog bout the roadshow cause it's just the same old thing and I'll bored you to death reading it.
let's skip to dinner time :)
Mummy & I had dinner in Tang Shifu.
It's some herbal-ish restaurant which serves everything herbal-ish (yok choi)

mummy's 
this was so sweeet *nyums*
This is what I had
Brown rice *nyums*

Later at night, mummy's friend, Aunty Theresa & her family took us for a late dinner.
It was at Restaurant Todak! some orang asli kampung's restaurant.
It reminded me of the restaurants in Port Klang :)

restaurant builded on stilts :)
usually it's packed during peak hours but we were slightly late when we got there.

This are what we had :)
butter prawns
chili crab
steamed fish
yummie steamed buns (man tao) they're so fluffy & soft! :)

After a satisfying dinner, we headed back to the hotel.
U see how patrick is lying on the bed..
the housekeeping ppl left him nicely on the pillow and I was surprised when I got into my room..lol

the bathroom :) spotted my toothbrush?lol

Next day's breakfast :)
the fried salmon was really good.
Remind me how once the boyf cooked fried salmon for me.
BUT, nothing beats the boyf's cooking :)
Here we go. Egg again..haha :)
i love half boiled egg since young
They even have miso soup. Not too bad :)

After our last day of work in JB @ Aeon Tebrau City.
It was time for some excitement!
On the coming monday which is the 27th sep, me & mummy went over to singapore to meet my relatives *exciteddd*
I was over excited till I couldn't fall asleep the night before.lol
I remembered I slept at 1.30am and woke up at 5am. So siao right. But I just couldn't help it.
I watched one tree hill and got ready to hit s'pore!
We had a quick breakfast in the hotel and we grab a cab to the kastam.
It's pretty convenient to travel from JB to S'pore now with its newly developed kastam and the walk ways are very friendly. Just that we were struggling to pull over luggages cause it was quite a walk.

1st we had to take the Yellow Bus (Causeway Bus) which cost RM 0.90 to the immigration to get our passports chop.
The queue at the immigration was terrible and it took quite awhile for us to clear the counters.
We were there at the peak hour where everyone is going to s'pore for work.
Seriously, I can't imagine how JB ppl can tahan to go through this EVERYDAY just to get in to s'pore to work :/
We then took the same Yellow Bus to Kranji station.
From there we took the MRT to Bishan --> Lorong Chuan (where my uncle stays). It was quite a travel.
We finally got there bout 11.30am and met my big cousie for the 1st time since 10 years ago?lol!
I hardly get to see him cause most of the time he won't be able to celebrate chinese new year with us.
We had a quick Hi & Bye . Dropped our luggage in the rooms and head out for gai gai.
My aunty was already so excited, she couldn't wait to bring us around and she asked where would I want to go.
1st stop : VivoCity. It was so convenient. We took the MRT at Lorong Chuan station which is just next to my aunty's apartment and we head towards Harbour Front.
It was quite some distance.

So here we are at VivoCity :)
One of the side exits

Aunty Christina & mummy


I saw this in the middle of somewhere when I was looking for Cotton On..lol
its like a mini park in between the building

with Aunty Christina (i usually call her yi pak leong)
This is overlooking Sentosa Island :)
If I had more time in Singapore I would have went over there.
There's Universal Studio :)
Next time round the boyf has to go with me there for their rides! :)

Cable cars! i wanna sit :)

spotted skinny snowman *cute* :)
here's how it looks like inside VivoCity Mall. The ceiling is so cool :)


Here's what we have to go through for every station. We had to buy the MRT card to get to our destination and get our refund after every trip :)


look at their MRT Station. Nicely maintained and lighted. Not like the ones we have back here.
AND, they have CCTV every corner staring at you.
No food & drinks are allowance here and also in the train :)

We're taking the train to ChinaTown :)

Taa daa! Here we are. looks chinatown-ish already with all of its lanterns :)
Sadly, It was raining like crap when we got there *sigh*
Can't really go around snapping pics of the old buildings :(
We head towards the Food Court for some goood food :)
Can you see the queue?
Wonder where it's coming from? :)
It's from this stall.
Aunty says they're popular for their chicken noodles & rice.
So that's what we had :)
 *nyums* It was delish :)
We walk around for a bit at the covered area and mummy got some pretty good deals for towels.
I got a stripy one for myself :)
After that, we took a bus and headed towards Queensway Mall.
It's a mall where they sell all sorts of sports equipment & attires :)
I got my nike running shoes from there last year. Pretty good deal

The buses are super efficient!!
You don't have to wait super long for a bus to arrive.
On our way to Queensway Mall in the bus :)
sorry no pics in Queensway Mall.
After that, we took a bus and headed to Bugis Street/ Mall.

Here we are at Bugis Street :)
Although it was still drizzling, good thing it's all covered in there.


Bugis Street :)

Before we left Bugis Mall, I had to get one of this!
They're so tempting on my way to the MRT Station!
It's from Chewy Junior :)

You see what I mean?!
I had Triple chocolate *nyumss*
Why la they don't have it back here :(

We took the MRT and headed to Tao Payoh to get toiletries :)
It's pretty cheap over there cause it's the place for toiletries.
We never fail to visit here every time we visit s'pore.lol

We had dinner at the food court before we walk around.
I had Bibimbab (Korean mixed rice)
I've been quite a sucker for this every since I tried the one at Garden's.
BUT nothing beats that one! :)

Basically we got lotsa shampoos & we left for home after that.
Tiring weihh.
We went to 5 differently places in one day but it was worth the fun :)
I slept like a pig and woke up to the next day feeling more alive than everrrr.

It'll be my last day in S'pore already *sad*
1st stop was Bishan (just one station away from Lorong Chuan)
We had yummy pan mee over there

Definitely one of the best i've tasted :)

They have a public library and its so huge!
In s'pore you'll see libraries in every town that's why people reads so much over there.

We shop a little in Bishan Mall and we headed for Orchard Road :)

We got into Tang plaza and the kitchen utensil section was packed.
Lady doing demo on cooking the pots and pans :)
Mummy bought a set of pots & pans cause it was on promo..lol
She even made popcorns with the wok.. I wonder how?!
The lady tapao-ed a packet of caramel popcorns for me :)
 *nyums* It was pretty good :)

Oh yea, haven I mention that I was Cotton On crazy in s'pore..lol
Before we hit Tang Plaza we were at Ion Mall.
So happens there's Cotton On sale like a warehouse sale.
Everything was mad cheap like $5/10/15.
I was on Cotton On fever cause that's the only thing I can afford in S'pore. Everything else is so expensive  :S

After that, we left Orchard Road and went to Serangoon Avenue to met up with my uncle & both of my cousie bro since it was the last day for us in S'pore :)
I can't rmbr what's the name of the restaurant but the food was great.

This are what we had :)




After lunch, we got back to do our last min packing before we leave for our flight.
With that 1 hour or so I managed to catch up with both my cousie bros

Meet Vincent & James kor kor :)
This is on the train station on our way to the airport.
Vincent, Aunty Christina, Mummy & James kor kor :)



Here we are at Changi Airport.
Definitely one of the longest escalator i've ever seen..lol


Since we're flying with FireFly, we had to take a shuttle bus from Changi Airport to the budget terminal.
waiting to board our plane.
My very 1st time sitting FireFly :)
amazing view from above :)


Well, basically that's pretty much it on my trip to JB & S'pore :)
I'm gonna miss s'pore :(
Can't wait for my next visit with the boyf!
I hope you enjoyed reading the post
Thanks for tuning in dearies!
Stay tune for more
*cheers*
xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger