Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year 2012

Sunday
22nd January 12'

It's CNY Eve. Travelled to JB to celebrate CNY with my beloved granny & relatives from my paternal side. Fyi, my hometown's not in JB. Hometown's Kl. Just so happens granny moved over to JB to stay with Uncle Richard 3 years back. We left for JB 6inthemorning to skip the traffic. Surprisingly there was no traffic. Smooth journey all the way to JB. I guess there aren't that many people traveling to south as to north for say, Ipoh & Penang. Reached JB around lunchtime & our stomach were growling. No coffee shops were opened except for dim sum restaurants. What to do.. Had dim sum for lunch then..
Soon after that, we headed over to Uncle Richard's place to drop our luggage & met my granny after for not seeing her a year. It was so good to see her. I've missed her as she's the one who brought me up since I was a baby, so practically I was pretty close to her back then during my childhood days. She's still all healthy & fine except she's rather slow & has short-term memory lost. I guess all grannys will come across that once they've reached a certain age.

Dad bought tickets online for All's Well End's Well @ Jusco Tebrau City's TGV. So we went for a movie at 2ish. The movie was not to bad la. I rate it 3/5.
After that we headed back to uncle's place for a simple reunion dinner.

CNY DAY 1 (Lin Chor Yat)
23rd January 12' 

The next morning, Aunty Alice, cousins from s'pore & Uncle Steven & family arrived safely at Uncle Richard's place. I love it when we have Aunty Alice cause she's a good cook. She woke up early in the morning & prepared breakfast for everyone.
After everyone has settled down & filled their tummies, it was tea ceremony & ang pow (red packets) collecting time. Lastly, photo session :)
The rest of my relatives from paternal side didn't make it to JB on the same time because there were only limited space to sleep.. so yea :)
This is merely half of my family portrait for paternal side
Mostly everyone's dressed in CNY colours :)
Not long after that, lunch was served by Aunty Alice *nyums*
My dearest granny (mama) 
In the evening, we left for KL. Back to kuala-la-lumpur close to 11pm. I miss nothing but granny back in JB :(

CNY DAY 2 (Lin Chor Yee)
24th January 12'

First stop for the day was to my great granny's place
Meet my great granny who loves to made bookmarks with bible's scripture versus & gives to the young ones :)
Ever since young, I've been collecting bookmarks handmade by her & every year during CNY she'll give & ang pow with a little bookmark inside :)

After that, it's time to visit my maternal side. Off to Uncle Albert's place & we always spend the entire day at his place :)

CNY DAY 3 (Lin Chor Sam)
25th January 12'

Visited dad's cousin sis in USJ & she has a dog called 'Lady'
Meet Lady. She has gorgeous brown eyes

After that we dropped by at Uncle Sly's place & he and Aunty Marianne was so hospitable. I didn't know Aunty Marianne was such a great cook. She prepared Sarawak laksa & Asam laksa for us.

Next stop, Aunty Sally's place. As for dinner, it was at Uncle Reynard's place in Cheras. I was so glad that babyboy managed to join us for dinner that night. Immediately when he got back from Ipoh, he drove all the way to Cheras & meet me. Been missing him for days..
Had a great night at Uncle Reynard's place. Thanks for having us :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger