Friday, February 24, 2012

Pasar Malam @ Taman Connaught, Cheras

Wednesday
22nd January 12'

Been missing Connaught's Pasar Malam for quite a bit. Can't quite recall when was the last time I took a walk there. Pestered baby to go with me & so he did. We've actually been postponing our visit from time to time & finally we went again together for the 2nd time. Connaught's Pasar Malam is my childhood pasar malam. Many years back then, I used to lived in Taman Connaught & my place was just 2mins walk away from the pasar malam. How convenient. Ever since I shifted away from Cheras, I hardly had a chance to go back for a visit. It opens on every Wednesday & it used to be the longest pasar malam in Semenanjung Malaysia. However, now Setia Alam's Pasar Malam had been claimed that it's the longest in Malaysia & has made history in the Malaysia Book of Records.
Last January during my cny visitation, I managed to take a stroll in Setia Alam's Pasar Malam (Opens on Saturdays). Unfortunately, it's during cny season & that many stalls weren't open. I didn't get to experience how huge & happening it was. The only thing I can be sure of is that Setia Alam's pathway is so much wider as compared to Connaught's. Shall plan a visit to Setia Alam's & see what it really looks :)

Connaught's filled with variety of FOOOD :D
I kindly like how the variety of food stalls spread around. You don't really see the same stalls one after another selling the same sort of food except for their curry fish balls which you can see along the entire stretch of the pasar malam.

We had china burger (mince pork with egg), takoyaki, lok lok, durian fried ice cream (this was different from the normal ones. It's longish rectangular shaped & it tasted so good but it's abit too pricy, RM3 for pcs), salad vegetable seaweed roll (must try), pan mee (The stall's name actually drew our attention - T&T noodles, which is also our initials. LOL) & so we decided to give it a try. I would say it's actually pretty good. Seaweed jelly honey was a bliss in sucha crowded, hot & stuffy night.
Those were enough to fill our tummies. Sorry I didn't managed to snap any pics of food & stalls but most likely in future i'll do a more detail post on what you should haunt for to nom nom :)

One thing that caught my attention was Colour Contact Lenses that were selling for RM10 & RM15. OMG?! Seriously? How can it be so cheapppp?! I bet those are imitation lenses that will definitely spoil your eyes. Can't believe that there are actually people buying em'. Sometimes cheap cheap does not necessarily means worth buying, it kinda makes me question it's value..

View from the bridge..
We usually park our car on the opposite side & walked over
Even along the highway, it's fully parked
Connaught's crowd is massive. We even had a hard time looking for a decent illegal spot to park. haha
We left close to 1030pm & the crowd is still happening

Sleeveless is the way to go. Even baby wore singlet or else we'll be sweating like pigs :P 

Baby should be glad that I was the chauffeur for the night. All he had to do was to just rest & relax.. haha :P Well, usually most of the time he drives me around like a princess & since I was more familiar with the road, I decided to drive & give him a time off.

P.S : Thanks for tuning my radio to One fm baby. I'm currently hooked to listening to chinese songs in my car when I don't even tune into chinese channels :P

Loveeee you so much bibooo  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Powered by Blogger